Happy holidays and Boxing day lovely people, I couldn’t resist writing a little blog post with my coffee on this chilled day. I hope you have eaten lots of mince pies and are all snug and cosy at home! Ahh Christmas, you can’t beat it.
As the new year approaches, I’ve been thinking about making a list of the things I want to achieve, do, etc but at the top of my list and the most important thing is GRATITUDE!! I’m going to get all Mary Poppins on you ‘coz I need me a big spoonful of gratitude!
I’ve been thinking of quick and easy ways to instantaneously make me feel more grateful. Here’s what I’ve come up with, I hope you enjoy!
1) When I wake up in the morning, before I get out of bed, just lie in bed for a few minutes and think of all the things I’m grateful for, such as…..being alive for another day, health, home, family etc.
2) Repeat step 1 before I go to sleep.
3) Volunteering at Oxfam has made me more grateful as when I work at the charity shop I’m reminded of all the people in the world without the basic necessities that we take for granted.
4) Sit still and concentrate on my breath and health and how fortunate I am.
5) Go for a walk and admire the beautiful views of nature and how fortunate I am to see it all.
6) Turn every ‘negative’ into a positive as much as possible, look for the good in everything. So for example a bad experience may become a valuable life lesson/experience I’ve gained that has strengthened me.
7) Embrace the here and now.
8) Turn off the negative self chatter, switch on the mindfulness and tune into the present with its abundant blessings.
9) Find joy in the simple things in life, whether that’s spending more time with loved ones, a hot bubble bath, etc.
10) Give, give, give! Generosity is the way forward and always has been, whether that’s donating your time , money, skills etc to help other people.
And lastly, I couldn’t resist this little number below to illustrate how steps 1-10 mentioned above should make me feel:
Image courtesy of http://www.pinterest.com