Hi readers, I have been very quiet on the blogging front over the last few months. Truth be told, I didn’t know what to write about and I didn’t think I was able to continue with this blog. It’s been a difficult time. Whilst things could be ten million times worse, sometimes it’s ok to step back and say ‘you’re dealing with a lot and go easy on yourself.’ Feelings like guilt, loss, grief, anger and anxiety are not easy to deal with and the best thing to do is own my feelings. I’m not going to suppress them or feel guilty for feeling like this.
I don’t need to go into detail about what’s happened, because really all that matters now is how I’m going to move forward and use everything that has happened to make positive change. But before I write about that, this blog post has been inspired by my incredible cousin who is dealing with things in her life that are unimaginably hard and she is doing so well and she’s truly an amazing person. My cousin has given me the much needed spur of energy to let go and move forward. So that’s exactly what I’m going to continue doing. Here’s how I’m doing it:
- All the negative emotions can do one. Anger, indecision and guilt can bugger right off. Or you can stay but I’m not going to pay much attention to you.
- I’m going to start a fundraiser with my mother in Law. She loves running, so I’m thinking a sponsored run for a charity. Next action: find a run to run!!
- LET GO! The past is the past and ‘shoulda woulda coulda’ can bugger right off as well.
- GRATITUDE – I’m practicing gratitude for the blessings in my life and I’m happy that I was lucky enough to have certain life changing experiences.
- ACTION!! When the blues want to get me down, I’m acknowledging the emotions and then letting them go. Keeping busy is helping me to take my mind off things.
- MOVE FORWARD! The only way is up.
I hope this blog post helps you as well, if you feel you’re stuck in a bit of an emotional rut at the moment. You can push through it and you can do anything. X